31 August, 2008

Checkmate

Los Angeles, California. This past January, I reported to you from the Lincoln Heights Jail (see Jan 6 post Going to Jail), where I was on location for the film An American Journalist. I returned to the historic jail this week, this time playing a lead role of a serial killer in a film called Checkmate. Directed by LMU film student, Sarah Parks, the film follows the emotional evolution of a killer obsessed with chess, his victims nothing more than captured pawns. While on set, I was able to learn a little more about the eerie building - including that many believe it is haunted and that the basement was the site of Freddy Krueger's boiler room in A Nightmare on Elm Street.

Enjoy my video log from the set, as well as these production photos. The scene still above was taken by camera operator, Debbie Formoso. The three additional photos here include the crew preparing for a shot; a quick conference between first AD (left), Alana Katzner, and Director (right), Sarah Parks; and me after a brutal killing, at another shoot location.

Other than this film, which is being shot over Labor Day weekend, this week found me working as NYPD on CSI NY, a military officer on a Laura Pausini music video (The World), and as a skycap on a commercial for Old Mutual (pictured below).




No comments:

Post a Comment