06 January, 2008

Going to Jail

Los Angeles, California. This is my first posting of the new year, so first of all - Happy New Year! Thanks to all of you out there following my blog - I hope 2008 is an exciting and productive year for you all. I haven't posted until today because, frankly, there has not been a lot to tell. I have been busy settling into my new home in Marina del Rey, but otherwise no excitement here.
Today was the first day with something interesting to report. I worked on the set of a short, independent film entitled An American Journalist. The film follows a journalist as he interviews a death row criminal just prior to the man's execution. I was originally booked to be an audience member at the execution, but that scene was canceled and I was transformed into a prison guard, walking the prisoner to his execution. This was more fun for sure. The real excitement was that the shoot was set at the Lincoln Heights Jail in downtown Los Angeles. This is an actual historic jail, no longer in use, but commonly used by Hollywood to shoot jail scenes. It is an aged and rotting structure, very creepy and full of a history that might be better left untold. It was an interesting experience at the very least!

On a final note, the "What Should Arlo Do in 2008?" poll has been closed. After a long run with "Act in More Movies" in the lead, a last minute swarm of votes changed the outcome altogether.

You Voted:

1. Lead a major international expedition.
2. Become a bush pilot.
3. Act in more movies

and tied for last:

* Write a Book
* Help establish a new Marine Protected Area

I'll take your opinions into strong consideration!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment