26 January, 2008

The Snows of Los Angeles

Los Angeles, California. Towards the end of this past week, I made the final pull to move the rest of my stuff down from San Francisco to Los Angeles. The weather in San Francisco was horrendous, making my moving day extremely wet and unpleasant. However, I got it done and took off into the stormy weather by U-Haul. Driving south of San Jose, the weather thankfully cleared and driving was pretty good from there out.
At about 2am, I went over the 6000 ft. pass on Route 5 that brings you into Los Angeles. Even in the middle of the night, this was spectacular! All of the mountains were covered in snow and shimmering in the moonlight. It was very hard to believe this was LA! The next day, I had a couple of auditions in Hollywood and was
once again amazed to see the snow covered mountains rising above the city to the east. I have been told that this is an unusally cold winter for LA, so perhaps this explains
my surprise of seeing snowy peaks rising behind the Hollywood sign? All of this is just further instilling in me that LA is not the city popularly portrayed by the media, but rather a whole universe of micro-cities, wilderness areas and endless possibilities! The pictures here are from Saturday, the morning after my drive from San Franicsco.

No comments:

Post a Comment