03 February, 2008

Getting to Know the Neighbors

Marina del Rey, California. This weekend, other than getting things organized on the homefront, has been about getting to know my neighbors a bit better. On Friday night, I joined Venice the Menace (VTM) Comandante Scott Braman for a performance of The Quick Six, a mean band composed largely of VTM co-conspirators. Then, last night, friend and former Conservation International (CI) colleague, Hari Balasubramanian swong over from Silverlake to the Westside and we were able to catch up for a bit. Hari has the all time sweetest job at CI. Well, it's the sweetest if your thing is being based in LA rather than DC and spending 75% of your time traveling to remote jungles and coral reefs on every continent!

Following my meet up with Hari, I swung back over the neighborhood for a party hosted by my next door neighbor, actor Andrew Keegan. Hosted in an off-the-hook penthouse condo across the street, this was my first night to really hang out with my eclectic neighbors including marine biologist, Craig Schuman; artists, Dustin Otterbach and CAIN, and holistic health and fitness guru, Sandie West. The party was, well, WOW! Just imagine the stereotypical Los Angeles high life party from the movies and you get the idea...

No comments:

Post a Comment